Thursday, September 22, 2016

Self Love September: Day 9 - Staying on Track

This day is focused on staying on point with routines even when there are heavier things going on in one's life such as a project for work, maybe someone ill or dying, etc. The focus is that we need to be able to stay on track with self love regardless of what is going on.

I will break down what my routine is now and then what I would like it to be or what I am trying to have it be currently.

Current routine -
Morning: Wake up and get boo on the bus, maybe eat, and go back to sleep
Day: sleep or on the computer until kiddo comes home
Evening: do some chores, dinner, talk a bit with the hubs and kiddo
Night: shower, computer

my computer activity can range from writing my book, to chatting, to gaming (mostly), social media, yt, and some spiritual stuff.

As you can tell there is lil to no focus on me and more of a distraction from life.

What I would like it to be -
Morning: Sit in bed, do bed stretches, check in with how I feel physically, mentally, emotionally. Get kid up and out. Eat really healthy food and depending if I am tired maybe go to bed. but also exercise after the kid is on the bus.
Day: focus on the to-do list for house care. things I have put off like organizing my office closet that is something I really want to do but for whatever reason I don't finish it.  Eating a healthy lunch which I almost never eat during the day until dinner.
Evening: Have a real set time to just sit and talk with my husband without distractions. Same with kiddo. Eating a healthy dinner.
Night: Take a shower (which tends to be my self care time where I relax and chill completely), but also introduce a bath once a month at least to just veg. Focus on specific spiritual stuff.

Of course I will still be on the comp a lot bc this is my main source of communication and way to deal with stuff, but I also want to make it a point to find a day during the week either to volunteer or find a really flexible job, just to get out of the house and be around people I am not related too lol!

I have things I want to do but I do get overwhelmed and then don't ever do it. Like the organizing of the closet. I did do about half of it last month but I have to be in the right mind set too which isn't a regular thing.

Though I don't follow them alone, I am very much a person that enjoys routines, schedule, deadlines. I am mentally very organized. I definitely am someone that needs accountability to someone else or I fall short. I have a hard time getting myself without support, to meet goals. I am lucky to have a friend in my life that does do this as best they can but when it comes down to it, I need to have personal accountability.

This is something I struggle with on a day to day basis. Not having a lot of self care. I do bare minimum. I don't generally make an effort to even do my hair, make up or dress up. I want to do this because it does make me feel better when I feel attractive. Most days I am just chilling out in PJ's.

I currently am focusing on losing weight, finishing my novel, eating healthier, and trying to become pregnant. These are my big focuses. My goals is to lose 20lbs by xmas, finish my novel by the end of the year, stick to me healthy diet, have a strict work out routine, and when I am healthier, the likelihood to become pregnant is much higher. I know logically doing all of this will give me a better physical, emotional, and mental state and will help me reach bigger goals if/when I succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment