Thursday, September 29, 2016

Self Love September: Day 15 - My mindsets

Another soundcloud topic is Kelly discussing self love mindsets.

So I interpreted this as calling yourself on bs mindsets when you get into a place of well, bs.
For me I do tend to try to have positive and healthy mindsets but that is almost never possible. I tend to get wrapped up in drama of others, too overthinking things where there is no need to, reading into stuff that isn't there, and having a hard time with identifying my own self worth, strength, and esteem.
The frustrating part of this for me is the fact I know I am doing it when I am doing it generally but I can't seem to stop myself. Especially the overthinking of things. It is like a tornado and it just gets more intense he more I try to escape it. The mindset of a mind that doesn't shut down. It is extremely frustrating.
Writing lists to slow the mind down does help but not always because there are things you just can't make lists about. Setting goals or schedules help to. Structure in general in most things help to keep me focused and process those thoughts.
I have gone as far as to medicate myself to make my mind shut down or organize itself. I take heavy narcotics for my back issue when it flares up but there have been a handful of times I have used it, though my back hurt I could have been mildly okay without it, because it does tend to organize my head. I am not sure why but it focuses me kind of like how ADHD medication does.
This is another area I struggle strongly with because a healthy mindset is something I was not "born" having as far back as I can remember. I am not saying it isn't possible to get out of these mindsets, like being a victim for a long time I no longer generally think that way or when I do I can redirect my thoughts. But it is frustrating for sure in dealing with trying to get into a better place mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment