Thursday, September 8, 2016

Self Love September: Day 4 - Growth through Creativity


The following are a few things that are in Kelly's words... "My jam" that gets my creative juices flowing and allows for some self appreciation when applied.
Reading: Reading a good book gets my writing mojo going and I go nuts with it when a new book hits one of those cords. When I am in a good state I can write for a whole day. I wasn't able to write creatively last year much because of my dad dying etc and then mourning. This year I have started again but it has certainly been a struggle. When I am able to write something I feel satisfied and good about myself when I successfully finish a project or a chapter in my never ending book. ☺
Art - Something I haven't really done in years... I have always loved hands on creativity such as playing with clay, painting, drawing even though I am horrendous with it. You would think having a kid I would have gotten back into it but not the case. It is something I know I have a desperate need to experience again but for whatever reason when I attempt it falls through and I never do it.
Eccentricities - I know that seems weird but when I run into something or someone who is not in the "norm" box, I analyze it or them and it gives me ideas for a variety of things. This includes funky clothes, make up, behaviors that are unique, etc. I am an oddball myself and I am proud of it, so I can appreciate things that are outside the box.
A good conversation - There are some people and some topics that if discussed, I can talk for many hours. I am talking like... 10+ hours consecutively! I tend to feel like my brain is a pitcher that the conversation is the water filling it. When it is done I have very full head and I want to "pour" that energies into something which allows for creativity in a few different forms especially writing.
Music and dance - I was raised in a household where music from The Doors to Sting, from Dave Mathews to Marilyn Manson was played. Singing and loud music was just a part of my childhood and still is a strong creative 'juice box" for me. I was also raised to dance in classes like ballet, tap, acrobatics, jazz, hip hop, etc. For many years. I have also learned that dance on my mothers side of the family is something passed down with professional dancing. Music, singing, and dancing, they are things I still use today (generally privately) to express myself or get creativity from. It is one of my most static creative sources that I think will always be there.
Learning - Social sciences in particular like psychology, sociology, etc. Learning always makes my brain tick and I love it!
Gaming - I know it is crazy but gaming.
Cleaning - Kelly talks about decluttering in her video. Weirdly enough I enjoy going through things and organizing. I had even considered doing it as a job for a few years! But it gives me energy and a way to decompress bad energies too.
I remember I used to as a kid repeatedly create paper boxes, write letters over and overs that I never sent, drawing in my sketch books even though they were awful, scrap booking bands and "things" I was interested in back when, playing with my clothes, jewelry, and make up. Most of these things I stopped doing.
I would say something in the last year that has given me energy and creative is new friendships. Yeah, yeah, I touch on friendship almost every post I got it lol. But at this point in my life I have been kind of stuck in a funk with the same people in my life. New people in my life have kicked me back into some sort of a gear with questioning things and finding new oomph for life because of them. Which in turn allows for creativity to come back as well. Especially when they are supportive about me trying to express myself.
I do need to make time to get "out" and allow myself to experience things to give me more mojo for creativity. The last time was when I went to the ocean the last 2 times in the past year. It kind of drew my energies out.
I have the same routine all the time and my goal for the following year is to make resolution to get out to somewhere new once a month. Not a crazy goal but totally doable.


No comments:

Post a Comment