Friday, February 14, 2014

Wishlist Decks Analyzed - Pt. 2

If you would like to see former decks I have had on my wishlist, click on anyo f the following links!

If you are interested in seeing the first few I covered, just scroll down a few posts and you can check it out :) here is part 2!

This deck is called the Dark Angel Tarot. I will stated first that angels in general do not call to me in any way. I always associate angels with the christian believe and the stereotype that goes with them. It just does not resonate with me. HOWEVER this deck is uniquely different.

This deck did call to me. Again you can see a similar pattern in the interest of cards and decks I like, in that it has a very very dark vibe. In some images it almost has a vampiric vibe but definitely a Goth shadow vibe comes with this deck. People forget that angels aren't all love and light because hello? Guess what the Devil was? A fallen angel. The artwork for this is detailed and darkly beautiful and each card is uniquely different from each other. The thing that doesn't resonate with me is that they are tarot cards and not oracle. I think these would have been better as oracle but I can use these either way regardless./

The next deck is the is the Witches Tarot. Being I identify as a witch, any deck that even just states witch I will at the very least check it out.



So I am generally not drawn to this style of artwok but it is done in such a way that it doesn't bother me so much. I really love the backing of the cards with the triple goddess symbol. There is a lil nudity like I think it was the 5 of cups shows side boob lol. The world card is a bit unsettling with the guy in the top left corner. I get a stalker vibe from that. But I have to say this is one that is more at the bottom of the list of me getting. It is much lighter as you can tell then the other decks and personally I don't get a whole lot of witchiness from it? But there is aspects of this deck that call to me. So whenever I get it I will know immediately if it will be a deck that I want to keep or not.

The next deck I want to get at some point is the Osho Zen oracle deck. This is a very popular oracle deck and many many people highly recomend it.



The deck is very "light" oriented and I also get a bit of the Shadowscapes vibe in the atwork with some cards. This is a great deck I can already tell to start off with if you are new to decks. It is very simple in the artwork and the messages, jsut one word generally for each card and a generally simple image. The old guy in the picture again doesnt resonate with me but this is definitely more of an energy style deck. Such as pull one a day when you get up and it will give you nice focus the rest of the day.

This deck is called the Enchanted Oracle. If you are looking fo a strong feminine enrgy type deck, this is definitely one I can suggest to you to check out.



This deck even without checking it out in my hands, has an energy that is just BA! Kind of like when you first hold a crystal with a lot of energy. The artwork is very pretty, female heavy, wistful but also has a balance of dark aspects to the deck too which I like. I don't like a deck that is all light because then I feel that it is not a reality based deck that needs to acknowledge the dark in life. It is also fairy heavy from what I have seen, and don't know if it is all fairy but I do enjoy a good fairy style deck that reflects the truth of fairies and that they aren't all Tinkerbell. :)

Speaking of fairies, the next deck is the Faerie Tarot. This is a very playful and vibrant deck.



This deck is gorgeous and the borders are very unique which you don't find in many decks, usually it is just a plain color border. This deck as you can tell by the cover is very bright. Not all of the ca4ds have fairy on it which I found kind of nice and unexpected, such as having dolphins in it. This would probably be a deck I would let my kid play with as well because it just has a very playful vibe to it. As you can tell I don't have many that aren't a bit serious.

The last one on this blog post will be the Tarot of Celtic Fairies. Can you tell I was checking out fairies at this time when they were added? LOL!



I am Irish on my dad's side so Celtic anything I really enjoy checking out. What I love about this deck is it isn't just the stereotyped fairy with the wings and Tinkerbell style. It has the mischievous ones like leprechauns, brownies, the child like ones, etc. It has some dark cards, but also a dreamy feel to others. I see a good balance in the types of cards. This is a pretty exciting deck to check out.

So that is it for now! There will be a few more "parts" to this series of blogs.  This also gives me the opportunity to review why I want these decks. I would love to hear what you think about these decks I have listed today!

Have a wonderful Valentine day! ♥

2 comments:

  1. I have the Enchanted Oracle deck! I love it! Mainly because I love Jessica Galbreth's work! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any tips you could share about this deck? :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete