Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thoughts on Death

This was a long post I made on FB and thought I would share it here.

okay so don't take this like i am in a dark mood or anything, far from it. I have been happier then I have ever been in my life these past couple months. Just a really healthy energy this year and a real positive outlook. So don't worry lol.
So I have been thinking and so many people avoid talking about it because well most of us don't have to deal with it more then a few times in our lives. Death. I have lost a handful of people in my life, most in very tragic ways and it takes months or years to get over them or the initial pain of losing them, always miss them.
I think about how I would want to be cared for after I am gone. I have come to the conclusion I want to be buried under a hill plot. Somewhere in Pierce county prolly Puyallup or the Tacoma cemetery my fathers family are buried. I would want black lining that is silky, and certain things really hold dear that are small enough to fix, like one of my geisha dolls, my special jewelry, a rose and letters people want to put into it though ya i wont be able to read them it may give others closure.
I know this is really morbid but hey i am no fool i know it will happen some day.
i would want people not to cry but to celebrate my life, like a HUGE party at the park in front of my parents house. not feel bad on how i died but be happy that i don't have to suffer any reason i may have been at the time i died. i want people to laugh at my corky behavior throughout my life, say i was strong, a good mother, a good wife (the second time around lol!) and a great friend.
i often talk about death with my last grandparent. Grandma Klis. I love her and she has dealt with it many times and particularly with people close to her but she again is no fool and talks about as just a fact of life and with no fear. She cracks me up the way she talks about it about wanting to be all dressed up in her fabulous clothes and make up done etc. I believe she would agree with me on celebrating rather then mourning.
Be sad when people die of course, but remember, they wouldn't want you to be sad forever either and would want you to live your life to the fullest and not skimp because you feel you need to be in a chronic state of mourning for them.  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment