Sunday, October 9, 2016

Making Your Own Year and a Day?

I have been juggling with myself on wanting to do something such as a year and a day, but so many are based on specific religions such as Wicca. Though I am aware of witch specific year and a days that are less popular, that some have followed, I am coming to the conclusion I will have to create my own to satisfy all of my spiritual needs.
What am I doing to prepare in making one? Well first, I am looking at the books that though aren't witch specific, are related to my craft such as the Wicca based ones to get an idea of how the general year and a day is set up and some topics that may be of interest to me to expand on in my own year an a day.
Second, I am taking notes on the areas I have little to no knowledge on but want to expand on in my spiritual path. For example, I am into astrology but I really have little to only the basic info on it and want to learn more.
Thirdly, my plan on scheduling topics will be either a certain area will be covered during a full week in different ways or depending on the topic like astrology which is huge, do a whole month dedicated to it. I don't want to rush through topics just to get through it, but I want to really learn about them. For example,  using astrology again, one week would be dedicated to sun signs, another week would be on houses, and so on.
Fourthly, I would also set up tests quizzes at the end of the "circuit" of topics to make sure I am retaining the information. I feel just reading over and not really practicing what you have learned generally goes the way of when we did homework in school. Into the mental garbage.
I am not rushing to create this and research is a big part on creating this but I want to make sure I am covering all the areas I want to and thoroughly. When the year and a day is done, I want to make sure i have had significant growth but also not use this time as like an elective class in high school where I just exist during it, I want to enjoy and grow from it.

Have you ever done a year and a day? Would you create your own? Thoughts on my idea?

5 comments:

  1. Interesting, never heard of it, just checked it out, I think learning spiritual things is your own personal growth is great, I personal I'm to independent to want to conform to a group rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds fascinating, Tara, it's not something I've ever heard of before. I love the sound of all the exploration though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I mean why not? So many of us don't follow a specific religion and are eclectic. Why not follow your own?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete